What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat, Open a Support Ticket, enter information on our site or provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders .
The SmarterHomes website is hosted in the United States and Singapore and is intended for Indian and International audiences. If you are accessing the site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Indian law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the SmarterHomes servers hosted in United States and Singapore and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
International Visitors: The Nest website is hosted in the United States and is intended for United States and Canadian visitors as well as visitors from the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Belgium and the Netherlands. If you are accessing the site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
We comply with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Nest has certified (through its parent) that it adheres to the relevant Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en We have implemented the following:
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
• By logging in to your account
• By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 1 business day
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
SmarterHomes Technologies Private Limited
240A, 2nd Floor, 27th Main,
Sector 2, HSR Layout,
Bangalore, Karnataka 560102 India
Ph: +91 80 6673 4646
At SmarterHomes, we take your privacy seriously.
This Privacy Statement for SmarterHomes Products and Services (“Privacy Statement”) describes information that SmarterHomes Technologies and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “SmarterHomes”) collect, use, share, and store, including personal information (i.e., information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data that can be reasonably used to infer this information).
This document focuses on information related to the operation of SmarterHomes products and services, including the WaterOn™, Nuclious™ and other products from SmarterHomes (collectively, “SmarterHomes Products”). In this Privacy Statement, the expression “SmarterHomes Products” also includes our Web Apps, Mobile Apps, and Subscription Services as defined in our Terms of Service.
• We will be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
• We will ask your permission before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than at your request or to provide SmarterHomes’s Products, and to do so only when we think they will provide you with a welcome additional service.
• We will use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the SmarterHomes Products from unauthorised access.
- Consent to data collection and processing. By using SmarterHomes Products, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described in this Privacy Statement.
• Consent to data export. Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by SmarterHomes or its service providers in India, the United States and other countries where our servers reside. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. If you are using SmarterHomes Products in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Indian law, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where SmarterHomes operates.
What information does the WaterOn meters collect?
• Setup information you provide
• Water consumption data from the devices
• Technical information from the device
Setup information you provide: When you install the WaterOn, you’ll be asked several questions in order to help us create an initial configuration of your water metering points. This information helps us to map your real time consumption, weekly and monthly water report cards to the correct metering point.
Water Consumption data from the devices: Every time your WaterOn meters detect water consumption, they send the data to our servers running metering and monitoring application in real time or to its nearest time stamp as permitted by communication technology. The data is used to generate your water meter bill on behalf of your facilities management provider.
Technical information from the device: In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with the WaterOn, we record your WaterOn model and serial number, software version, and technical information such as battery charge level.
What information is shared among multiple connected SmarterHomes Products?
If you have multiple SmarterHomes Products interfacing with one another, the products will share certain information with each other, such as occupancy data on whether someone is using the property. This sharing may occur locally among connected devices (both SmarterHomes and third-party devices). Sharing can also occur between SmarterHomes Products and your mobile device or application, or among SmarterHomes's servers.
What additional information does SmarterHomes collect and store when a user connects a SmarterHomes Product to the Internet or creates an account?
Only applicable to WaterOn WOW WiFi model - Wi-Fi Network Information: To connect your SmarterHomes Product to our Services, or to access your SmarterHomes Product over the Internet from a computer, a smartphone or a tablet, you will need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network (applicable only for the WiFI variant). During setup, the SmarterHomes Product will ask for your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password to connect to the Internet. It will save this information on the device, along with your IP address, so that you can access it and control it from your computer, smartphone or tablet, and so that it can communicate with SmarterHomes servers and download software updates.
Once connected to your Wi-Fi network, your SmarterHomes Product regularly sends the data described in this Privacy Statement (excluding your Wi-Fi password) to SmarterHomes to provide you with the Services.
Additional authorised Users: SmarterHomes may provide you with the ability to enable additional authorised users to access your account. If you do so, the additional authorised users may control and view all of your devices, content. Invited users may also add additional authorised users to your account, so be careful to add only those you trust. An invited user must have or create a SmarterHomes account, and information about invited users (like email address, name, or changes to product settings) will be stored with your account.
Email Addresses and mobile phone numbers: When you create a SmarterHomes account, we collect and store your email address and mobile numbers. From that point forward, your email address is used for communications from SmarterHomes. In addition, SmarterHomes may provide you with the ability to enable individuals to access your account as additional authorised users, or to invite other individuals such as friends or family to share access to your water consumption. We will ask you for the email address of any such individuals and automatically send an email invitation on your behalf. SmarterHomes stores this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation services.
Basic Profile Information: Your account allows you to provide certain basic profile information like your name and profile photo. Names and profile photos may be shown to others in connection with the Services. For example, if you invite someone as an additional authorised user, he or she will be able to see your name and photo. You should only use photos you are willing to make public.
How does SmarterHomes use the information it collects?
We use this information to provide, develop and improve SmarterHomes Products and services, including to make assessments and recommendations about products, safety, or energy use. We may use your contact details to send you this information, or to ask you to participate in surveys about your SmarterHomes use, and to send you other communications from SmarterHomes.
We may also use this information in an aggregated, non-identified form for research purposes and to help us make sales, marketing, and business decisions. For example, we use aggregated user information about the number of active meter connections and their consumption to use in the case studies and other marketing collaterals. We never use any personally identifiable data in any such case studies or marketing collaterals.
We may use service providers to perform some of these functions. Those service providers are restricted from sharing your information for any other purpose.
We use industry-standard methods to keep this information safe and secure while it is transmitted over your home network and through the Internet to our servers. Depending on your location and type of data, SmarterHomes may process your personal information on servers that are not in your home country.
In what circumstances does SmarterHomes share my information?
Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the activation and delivery of SmarterHomes Products and services without asking you first. Period. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
With your explicit consent: We may share personal information when we have your consent. One example of this would be if you invite another user to access the Products on your account as an additional authorised user.
For external processing: We have vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems.
These technicians (as well as SmarterHomes employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-SmarterHomes purposes. We also have strict policies and technical barriers in place to prevent unauthorised employee access to video data.
As part of business transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with state and penal laws (or the applicable laws of foreign countries other than the United States). We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymised customer data) publicly and with our partners.
Support/ticket related data
SmarterHomes will ensure complete safety and protection of end user data acquired through various support channels and will not share this with any other party without the explicit written consent from the customer. In the event of such consent, SmarterHomes will be absolved of any liability arising due to misuse of personally identifiable information.
How long does SmarterHomes save my personal information.
SmarterHomes generally stores your personal information on SmarterHomes’s servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a SmarterHomes customer in order to provide you with SmarterHomes Products.
As described above, some information is processed and stored directly on the SmarterHomes device. All personal information is encrypted as it is transmitted to SmarterHomes and cannot easily be accessed.
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will provide notice of any changes on the website or by contacting you.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Privacy in the subject line.
END CUSTOMER PRODUCT WARRANTIES
The goods are warranted against defects arising from faulty designs, workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of installation on the following terms and conditions and to you.
This Warranty is given by SmarterHomes Technologies Private Limited (CIN:U72200KA2014PTC073745), 240A, Second Floor, 27th Main, Sector 2, HSR Layout, Bangalore 560 102 India (for purchased in India).
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. In the event of a minor failure, SmarterHomes reserves the right to chose to repair or replace the product.
To make a support request, you should call Customer Care Phone +91 7777 80 46 46 or submit a ticket online using www.smartrhomes.com/support. On receiving a Support Ticket, SmarterHomes' endeavour will be to respond within 4 working hours of first intimation and offer resolution within 24 working hours. You will be able to track the status of Your support ticket on the online customer support system accessible via a login/password protected access at www.smartrhomes.com/support. You will also be able to escalate the issue in case of any grievance or dissatisfaction or any perceived delay in response.
To make a warranty/support claim, you must be able to supply the proof or purchase. In the first instance, you should call Customer Care Phone +91 7777 80 46 46 or raise an online ticket on the support website (www.smartrhomes.com/support) and notify the Company about the nature of defect. SmarterHomes will create and retain a computer record of your application. SmarterHomes will bear any expenses incurred for warranty claims, excluding the cost of transport of the appliance for service.
This warranty will not apply in the following cases:
• Any defect or damage which is a result of repair, alteration or modification carried out without the written permission of SmartrHomes to the meters, cables, repeater/routers and associated plumbing lines.
• The product subjected to any installation or other work by any other person other than an authorised SmartrHomes Installation Technician.
• The use of parts not manufactured, sold or approved by SmarterHomes are used in any replacement or repair.
• The product is operated on an electrical or gas or non-domestic water supply which exceeds the ratings specified by SmartrHomes.
• The product is damaged as direct result of incorrect installation by a third party or the user themselves or being used for a purpose for which it is not designed, sold or otherwise not in accordance with any specified instructions by us.
• Installation for any parts provided or services rendered by any third party during or after the Installation process;
• If changes occur in the condition or operational qualities of the product due to incorrect storage, mounting, climate or any other influence outside the control of SmarterHomes.
• The product is damaged as a result of operating the product when it was known to be defective.
• When the cleaning of blockages in pipe lines did not take place.
• When damage is caused directly or indirectly by utility supply problems, insect, animal attacks, electrical storm damage or deliberate attempts to tamper the power supply unit.
• The company will recommend installation of strainers in the supply pipe lines before each meter, in case it finds the water to be containing high amount of dirt, sand and soil. The company will not be responsible for any problems arising out of bad water quality, excessive dirt or hardness in the water especially when a strainer was not installed despite the recommendation by the Company.
• Accidental or deliberate damage to the Hardware by anyone;
• Damage to the Hardware on account of force majeure;
• Attempts to remove the serial number or identifying labels causing defacing of the serial numbers or any other cosmetic damage.
• Damage arising to your property at the Address of Installation which is caused by an act of omission, commission or negligence by You or any other third party service provider, and
• Hardware in case the Hardware is moved from the address by unauthorised persons.
Cosmetic failures (bezels, top covers etc).
• Subject to the exceptions enumerated in points above, during the Warranty Period, any covered fault in the Hardware i.e.: covered under the warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Hardware and
not falling under any of the exceptions above will be fixed by SmarterHomes without any charge to you.
After the expiration of the Warranty Period, SmarterHomes does not have any obligation / liability to you if there is any defect in the Hardware. SmarterHomes may provide you with an Annual Service Commitment facility for getting your Hardware serviced after the end of the Warranty Period subject to an annual charge as may be determined by SmartrHomes from time to time.
SmarterHomes reserves the right to charge for any service call by an Engineer and resulting Installation which does not relate to a covered fault or which takes place after the Warranty Period in accordance with the applicable rate card and debit such amounts from Your Service Account.
Based on commercial related or other factors, the terms and conditions of this Warranty are liable to be modified / revised at any point of time by us without any separate notice to You. The revised Warranty terms and conditions shall be notified on the SmartrHomes website i.e.www.smartrhomes.com/warranty.pdf, as and when any revision is applicable. You are advised to kindly refer to the website for the latest version applicable at any point of time.
Except as expressly stated herein, SmarterHomes makes no other representation, either express or implied, regarding Hardware. All warranties or representations, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, are disclaimed.
Applicable warranties on Hardware will be valid only if the Engineer completes the Installation as indicated by a
duly completed Installation Work Order/ Work Orders.
The Warranty terms and conditions form part and parcel of the Specific Terms and Conditions of the SmartrHomes Service Contract and shall be read in conjunction with each other. Capitalised terms used herein shall have the same meaning as assigned in the SmarterHomes Service Contract. If there are any inconsistencies between these Warranty terms and conditions and the SmarterHomes Service Contract, these Warranty terms and conditions shall govern for the limited purpose as specified herein. The Warranty terms and conditions are limited as specified and shall not constitute a modification or waiver of any other provision of the SmarterHomes Service Contract.
Join the revolution towards water conservation and play your part in making the world a better place for generations to come.